ICPA Certification Program & Payment Policies
In order to participate in the ICPA Certification Program, you must read and agree to the following terms.
1. Certification Program Participation Agreement
- I intend to complete all 16 modules for certification.
- I have selected a primary location to attend the 14 seminars.
- I understand that the ICPA may request proof of my education and/or professional credentials such as, license and malpractice.
2. Payment Terms of Agreement
Pay in Full
- I am an ICPA auto-renewal member and will remain so until successful completion of all 16 modules and the exam
- I agree to a one time payment as listed on the registration form.
- I agree to have the ICPA register me for the modules in my selected location.
- I understand I will be automatically registered for the Research PBRN Modules I and II and can initiate these requirements at any time.
- Should I not be able to attend any module scheduled in my primary location, I will maintain the right to take that class in any ICPA sponsored location up until two years from the last scheduled class in my selected location.
- I realize if I choose to discontinue the series, each seminar I have attended will be prorated to the Pay as You Go cost. In addition, I recognize that there is a 5% return service fee on the remaining balance.
- I understand I have two years from the last scheduled class to complete the series. If not completed in this time, I may be responsible for attending any updated classes and for any updated fees that are part of the current curriculum.
- I am an ICPA auto-renewal member and will remain so until successful completion of all 16 modules and the exam
- I understand that the ICPA will charge my credit card monthly for each scheduled seminar in my chosen location. These charges will occur 1 week prior to the scheduled seminar: Friday at 12:00am.
- I agree to have the ICPA pre-register me for the modules in my selected location.
- I understand that in order to earn my ICPA Certification, it is up to me to register independently for the two required PBRNs.
- If I cannot attend upcoming modules, I have two options:
- I can keep my payment on file and update my registration to a different location in my account. This will not interrupt my future Auto-Registrations in my primary location.
- If I do not want to be charged for a particular weekend, it is my responsibility to notify the ICPA prior to Friday, 5pm ET the week before the seminar and my Auto-Registration will be cancelled for that weekend and all future weekends.
- I understand I have two years from the last scheduled module to complete the series. If not completed in this time, I may be responsible for attending any updated classes and for any updated fees that are part of the current curriculum.
3. Attendance Policy
Attendance Verification: Each attendee must sign-in and out six times over the course of the weekend to receive credit for each individual module. You will only be given credit for those hours you are actually in the room. Accuracy of attendance sheets are verified by the proctor. Discrepancies between proctor and attendee for attendance will result in failure to receive classroom hour credit.
Student Attendance: Students must at least be in their 5th quarter/4th trimester in order to register for the ICPA Certification Program.
Make-up Hours: Candidates participating in the Certification Program are required to attend the full 12 hours for each module.
- I agree to attend all 12 hours of the seminar if I am accruing credits towards CE or ICPA Certification. I will only receive credit for the hours I am in the classroom, which is verified by my 6 attendance signatures over the course of the weekend.
- I agree to arrive to the module on time in the morning, after each break and to stay until the class is over.
- I agree that the assigned proctor for each location reserves the sole discretion to verify my signature and attendance hours.
- I acknowledge that my physical and mental presence is required to receive credit for class hour attendance. Sleeping, reading newspapers, listening to music, surfing the web or tending to a child during class hours will cause these missed hours to be deducted from my attendance hours.
- I acknowledge that NO video or audio recording is permitted at any of the modules. Unauthorized recording and distribution of materials will lead to dismissal from the program and face additional, legal retribution.
4. Completion of Certification Requirements
Accruing Seminar Credits: The ICPA keeps a central database of all attendees' records for all locations. You can also view the credits you have accrued in your account. Although the program does not have to be completed within a current location offering, please be aware that there is no guarantee that the program will be offered in the same location again and the candidate may be required to travel to complete the classes within their designated time frame.
Curriculum Deadline: The ICPA recommends that you complete the seminar modules and the final exam within 2 years of the last scheduled seminar in your primary location. If you do not attend all of the seminars and register for the exam within this time frame, you are responsible for attending new seminars that have become part of the curriculum and for completing new requirements that have been introduced.
Exam Eligibility: Chiropractors who have completed all classroom requirements, are eligible to apply for the ICPA Certification Exam. Students are not eligible to take the exam. PBRN completion is not required to take the exam.
Exam Process: The final exam is a rigorous, comprehensive essay exam and consists of one question from each module you attended. The exam is completed at home over the course of 90 days. There is a $500 registration fee. After you have completed all 14 modules, you will be able to register for the exam from your account.
Initiation of the PBRN: PBRN projects can be completed at anytime during enrollment in the ICPA Certification Program. You must be in practice in order to participate.
Students: After you have graduated and become a licensed chiropractor, you will be eligible to apply for the final exam. After you are in practice, you may initiate your PBRN projects.
Certification: A Certification from the Academy Council of Chiropractic Pediatrics (CACCP) will be awarded through the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice and endorsed by the ICPA after successful completion of all classroom and exam requirements.
Maintenance of Certification Status: Graduates of the Certification program are required to maintain certification status by taking 12 hours of continuing education with the ICPA every 2 years. About the CE Requirement »
5. Program Changes and Cancellations
Program Cancellation: The ICPA and the sponsoring organization/college reserve the right to cancel a module or complete program due to low registration, unforeseen travel difficulties, or emergency instructor unavailability. The ICPA will reschedule instructors according to circumstances. Instructors are subject to change depending on extenuating circumstances.
- I agree that the ICPA reserves the right to adjust program faculty, location, dates, times, and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences.
- I acknowledge that the ICPA is not responsible for any expenses incurred by me as a registrant due to program adjustments or cancellations including but not limited to hotel and airline reservations.
6. Refund Policy
Refunds: The ICPA's return policy is minimal and based on charges accrued. Because of our non-profit status, we can not accrue credit card and shipping costs. All returns to the ICPA can be credited towards another product or service.
- I agree that partial refunds will not be granted for partial attendance. No exceptions. If I am unable to attend a pre-paid module, I will be able to transfer my tuition to a future module free of charge by contacting the ICPA.
- I recognize that a service fee of 5% will be applied to refunds. I acknowledge that I can choose to transfer the individual seminar fee to another module without a service fee. The module transfer fee will be valid for two years.
- I agree that full refunds are not applicable. If I cancel registration after receipt of module notes, I have the option to have a credit for a future seminar.
7. Webster Certification
- I acknowledge that Webster Certification is initiated by my attendance to all 12 hours of Perinatal Care with Optional Webster Certification with Dr. Jeanne Ohm.
- I acknowledge that I am a chiropractor in good, ethical standing with my region's professional board.
- I understand that I must be an auto-renewing ICPA member in order to be eligible to take the Webster seminar.
- I understand that I must be an auto-renewing ICPA DC member in order to be eligible to test and become certified in the Webster technique.
- I understand I must take and pass the on-site practical and online written exams to become certified.
- I acknowledge that the exam fee is included in the cost of the Webster seminar.
- Students: Upon graduation, I will contact the ICPA to upgrade to DC status and take the written exam.
8. Continuing Education
Continuing Education Hours: The ICPA provides continuing education (CE) hours as an added service. ICPA will issue a CE certificate of completion for approved seminars upon request and attendance verification. ICPA Seminar modules are 12 hours each and are eligible for up to 12 hours of continuing education credits based on recorded attendance. How to Request CE »
- I hereby understand that there is a $45 fee for a 12 hour course per module that is payable to the ICPA.
- I understand that if I request CE hours after the class has occurred that an additional $25 fee will be added the original $45 CE fee.
9. Children in Class
The ICPA allows and supports breastfeeding mothers. However, the noise level from the attending infants must be minimal at the seminars. As parents, we get accustomed to the little sounds that our children can make. This can be very distracting to those who do not have children. We are asking parents to be overly sensitive and as soon as a child makes a noise (either pleasant or not) to leave the room. In this way all attendees will be respectful of others and their ability to concentrate at the seminars.
We have found that children over 9 months of age are unable to sit quietly through a 12 hour session. Not only is it distracting to other attendees but the time the parent has to spend out of the room will affect attendance hours and may require make-up.
Children of all ages are welcome in those classes during specific times where the instructor has invited parents to bring them for demonstration purposes.
Suggestions for children in class: It is our strong recommendation that parents have an assistant present with them during the weekend who is able to tend to the child and yet have the child on-site for breastfeeding or other irreplaceable needs. Some parents will set up a baby monitor in the classroom, and in the hallway. This way, if they need to leave the room for a brief time, they are able to continue to listen to the class.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time in our sole discretion. Please refer back to this page for updates.