About the ICPA
The ICPA is the oldest and largest non-profit organization of its kind. Our contributing membership is composed of over four thousand chiropractic doctors and students around the world. They share a common interest in the advancement of quality, evidenced based care for families. Read about our contributing membership services here.
The ICPA Board Members along with our growing body of members fulfill the ICPA mission by providing education, training, and research relating to chiropractic care in pregnancy and throughout childhood.
We invite you to participate in our vision: "Chiropractic Today for a Better World Tomorrow"
History: The International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) is the profession's oldest, largest and most sought out chiropractic pediatric association. The ICPA was founded by Larry Webster, D.C. in 1986. His vision and passion in working with children had a major impact in redirecting the profession to care for more children. Upon his passing in 1997, the ICPA was given to the Board of Directors. For his unparalleled vision and the formation of the ICPA, we are truly grateful to Dr. Larry Webster.
1. Ongoing Education about the chiropractic, family wellness lifestyle to the public. Our Pathways magazine, our free e-mail updates, our public education web site and our members-only DC Forum, provide a multitude of methods to exchange ideas and knowledge about chiropractic care for children and pregnant mothers. Our highly successful Pathways Connect program offers doctors an unprecedented opportunity to achieve their community outreach needs. .
2. Advanced Training for Doctors of Chiropractic. In our 400 Hour Diplomate Program, 200 Hour Certification Program, and various independent seminars, Doctors of Chiropractic receive extensive post graduate classes in the care of pregnant mothers and children. Additionally, the ICPA is the only organization offering Webster Technique Proficiency Certification and actively involved in forming alliances with birth care providers around the world on behalf of our proficient Doctors.
3.Providing Access to and Supporting Research which substantiates the efficacy of chiropractic care for pregnant mothers and children. Our full-time Research Director, Dr Joel Alcantara is committed to serving both the profession and the public by providing peer reviewed studies addressing the efficacy and safety of chiropractic care in the realm of family care. Under his direction, the ICPA initiated and grew the profession's largest most successful Practice Based Research Network (PBRN)
4. Referral Directory: Giving the public access to our practitioners is a great priority. Our online Membership Referral Directory allows the public to access Doctors of Chiropractic most concerned with the latest skills and information pertinent to children and pregnant women. On that same web site, the public can read numerous articles relating to the chiropractic family wellness lifestyle. The Association remains the oldest and largest of its kind in the profession today. Join your many colleagues in our mission.
6. Forming International Alliances between practitioners of like mind and purpose. The ICPA is continuously involved in educating other professions about the importance of chiropractic care in pregnancy and infancy. We realize there are common grounds for support and care that come with understanding each others purpose. In addition to our presence at numerous holistic conferences with our Pathways magazine, our research is being published at numerous international holistic conferences and in many holistic journals annually.
7. Establishing an Inter professional Community through alliances and collaborations, the ICPA, Inc participates in and co-sponsors numerous chiropractic seminars around the world. Our presence and classes are providing many doctors with the importance of the chiropractic family wellness lifestyle, initiating an awareness and movement in our profession to care for more children.
Additionally, the ICPA's curriculum and classes are co-sponsored
by many chiropractic colleges: Cleveland University-Kansas City, Northwestern
Health Sciences University, Parker
College of Chiropractic, Sherman College of Chiropractic and Life
Fulfilling the Mission: our members speak out...
"Nobody benefits from chiropractic more than kids, and we need the parents to know this, not just the chiropractors. Its great to see an organization step up and gather the research to show chiropractic's safety and its benefits for kids. All wellness chiropractors should be a part of this."
- Dr. Dale Andelkovic Redlands CA
This is of course made possible because of your data contributions. Read more how you can assist us in establishing the evidenced based research for family care here.View all of our published research to date here.
Continuing Education, Certification, and Diplomate
Here is what our attendees say:
"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the ICPA for the wonderful seminars. I have used and implemented so much of what I have learned. Your organization is wonderful! My practice has increased the number of kids that are benefiting from chiropractic care, and it has changed my practice forever. I am very grateful to be learning from the best!" - Katie Gravesen, DC; Prescott, WI
Our Certification and Diplomate programs continues to provide the advanced, necessary skills to successfully care for children and pregnant mothers.
Doctors: When you have a clinical question, meet with hundreds of other ICPA members and discuss your Chiropractic issues on the ICPA Clinical Forum! This is just one of our many ICPA membership benefits.
Pathways to Family Wellness Magazine